Books I could write but probably won't.

Like many students who may or may not admit it, I often survive those classes that drag by slowly by daydreaming. My preferred method is scribbling in my journal. I make checklists, write letters, and record events all while looking like I'm attentively taking notes. Recently the Creative Juices of Survival have given me some ideas in the form of book titles. What follows are those titles and the dust-jacket blurbs that you might see in an indie bookstore near you someday. Or not.

Past Midnight: Quotes from a Girls Dorm
When the clock struck midnight, Cinderella's coach turned back into a pumpkin and her riches back to rags.
You see us girls in class looking academic and intelligent but little do you know that, like Cinderella's pumpkin, it only lasts till midnight. Ranging from quirky to cute to just laughably dumb, here are some of the finest and funniest things said after midnight when we've swapped the stylish skinnys for comfy sweats.

Tweets from French Class (and other ludicrous communiques)
Everyone has had that one quirky professor that makes life entertaining. You're always on your toes never knowing what to expect, then out of the blue comes another one of those moments that you have to see to believe. Out comes the smart phone, then sixty seconds and 140 characters later #professorsnamequotes is trending in your twittersphere! Collected here are some of the most unbelieveable tweets from the most unbelieveable instructors!

Lessons Learned from Sense and Sensibility: Two Girls Survive College by Their Wits and Miss Austen's Wisdom
The true story of two girls who became friends their sophomore year of college and quickly found their alter-Austen-egos in Elinor and Marianne Dashwood.

(My friend and I actually started the shell of a blog, in which we were going to  flesh out this skeleton of an idea... sadly, we haven't done anything with it yet. But there's still time!)                     

And finally, a blog title not a book:
Barefoot, Pregnant and in the Kitchen-- a Mommy Blog
(No, I'm not an MRS major... but this is something I actually kind of want to do someday... I want to use this phrase that originated as a negative image from the days of hardcore feminism, and turn it around to reflect my ultimate desire to be a wife and mom. A quick Google search reveals that I am not the first to think that this is a clever idea, as i have found a couple "barefoot and pregnant" blogs from Catholic home-school moms. Maybe I'll add my own voice to the mix someday.)

Anyway, that's all y'all!

No comments