Weekend Inventory

This weekend:
I had a visit from my former roommate (which was fantastic!)

I had a lovely long chat with one of the Bryan wives I most admire, about children's literature and families and post-graduate plans and how neither of us knew quite what was going on in the rugby game. (When I grow up, I want to be like Amy Jones. And my own mom. And Dr. Impson. And no, I didn't just throw those last two in because I know they'll probably read this; I really do aspire to be like them.)

I finally watched Raiders of the Lost Ark (of which I'd only seen the end... get that.) and realized how well my youth pastor had followed the style of the Indiana Jones movies when he made his mini-Indy movies with his kids.

I started applying for grad school... Finally. I know, its about time I got on that. Also in this vein, I learned the five laws of Library Science as proposed by S. R. Ranganathan, who is pretty much the Father of Library Science. (How cool is THAT?)
Fantastic stuff here. I can't wait for grad school. 

I was constantly reminded of the fact that as the Doctor says, "there is, surprisingly, always hope."
and as Sara Groves says "Hope has a way of turning its face to you just when you least expect it"
and as Paul says in Romans 5:3-5 "We know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us." 
Hope is my favorite emotion/abstract concept.

I practiced using semicolons, as I don't often remember to use them when I can, or rather, I just don't remember when I can use them.  Wait, I think I can rewrite that sentence. 
I practiced using semicolons; as I don't often  remember to use them when I can; or rather, I just don't remember when I can use them.  
Probably not doing that right, but at least I'm trying! 

I checked the following two items off my Whovian Bucket List:
  • Eat real fish fingers and custard. (actually quite good, and I'm not just saying that to sound cool. I really liked it.)
  • Watch the 50th Anniversary episode. (AMAZING!) 
I started applying for jobs back in Nashville and prospects looks bright, as I have many different avenues to check out.
And...
I tried hard not to think about not being at Bryan next semester, but that didn't really work out.

Yeah, so that was my weekend, and since this was just random list and not an essay I'm not gonna bother to even try to wrap things up neatly.

Peace, love and happy Thanksgiving week to my handful of readers who are faithful enough to read even this mind-dump of mine. :)
S

1 comment

  1. I'm honored, Sarah; what a kind thing to say! I look forward to seeing where your journey takes you.

    ReplyDelete