I love...

-Earl grey tea in the morning, with the bosom buddy. Sometimes I choose my tea blend based on my health, or on what I'm eating with it, or on its smell; today I chose it because the tea-tag color matched my skirt. Yellow.
-The violets that are everywhere, just begging me to pick whole handfuls of them. Today, I want my bridal bouquet to be nothing but violets. Tomorrow, I'll probably change my mind back to lily-of-the-valley again.
-The extra springy-green of the leaf buds on the tips of the trees, as well as the white-green of the half-bloomed dogwoods, the brilliant fuchsia of the red-buds, and--oh my goodness!--that glorious growth of forsythia I passed on the side of route 68 on my drive home.
-A squelching tramp across a marshy field, and everything that resulted from it, including my sopping wet converse and socks.
-The fact that "April" is a much gentler and lovelier word than "March" is, and how their respective months follow suit.
-The heavy white paper and sharpie pen I used for my Monday letters this morning. The paper just sounds right when folded and unfolded, like a letter in a period drama, and the pen didn't smudge under my left hand as I wrote.
-The tree that sparks music in my head whenever I see it, cause its just that wonderful.
-John Piatt's English toffee lattes. I nearly cried from happiness/homesickness for Harmony House at just a whiff of its magical aroma as I cupped mine waiting for it to cool this afternoon.
-The joy of knowing that I'll be sleeping in my own bed tonight after a weekend away



The words I live by: “Look at everything always as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time: Thus is your time on earth filled with glory.” ― Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn


P.S.  -Holst's Venus. Jupiter gets its fair share of well-deserved attention, but attend for a few moments, if you will, to the dreaminess of this piece. Its even better at night in a quiet car, but then, most music is. (My favorite part starts at 3:51,  and gets even better at 4:35)
 

2 comments

  1. Oh heavens ... It doesn't get much better than this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes! Aren't the colors rich this year?

    ReplyDelete