If you're happy and you know it...

We're coming into the pre-fall stretch right now. I haven't seen the clear blue sky due to grey cloud cover for a couple days, and you know what? I'm totally okay with that.  I took my lunch yesterday with a cup of Sonic coffee (because Humboldt has a sad lack of coffee places) in the little corner park across from the library. I love that park because I'm the only one I've ever seen there. Its mine, all 5 benches, the perfectly manicured lawn, the dancing children sculpture and all. I sat there reading (The Magicians by Lev Grossman), texting my best friend about writing plots, and contemplating the manic pixie dream girl trope in movies and literature. I'm still working out my thoughts on that one. The breeze was cool; my coffee was hot; all was well with my little world.

***

Today saw the first tights of the season in my wardrobe. I decided to channel my inner Amy Pond, with shorts and tights and converse, and oversized sweater. Add in the Tardis blue nailpolish I had applied the other night, and my "I Am the Doctor" mix cd in the car, and you get one very happy Whovian running errands around town.
In case you were wondering, I'm very happy that season 8 is airing and I have friends with cable to watch it with.

***

Final word for the day (and, gosh, just let me thank you all for letting me blather on in my old rambling fashion today) I was just looking at my blogger stats, and saw that this will be my 100th post. wow! I've also noticed different viewing trends of late... non-United States in particular. With the exception of a couple of hits from Austria (which I'm attributing to the fact that a friend of mine spent a month there this summer), I haven't any idea if those views are real people or just silly bots, trolling the webs. So... if you're out there, reading this, no matter where you are, or whether I know you or not, would you leave a comment? How'd you find my little corner of internet? I'd like to know. It'd just add to the happiness.

--S

1 comment

  1. Weeeelllll it started back in Rochester, New York when I gave birth to you....................

    ReplyDelete