24 // Things I know about myself and life


  1. I can pick up my life and move to a new place, and survive it. I've been doing this involuntarily my whole childhood, and did it on my own this past year.
  2. I can do pretty much anything I put my mind to. 
  3. I will not do anything I don't really want to do. (As far as things I have a choice about goes, that is.)
  4. A secret about everyone else's jobs: "Deep down, everyone is just faking it till they figure it out, and you [and I] will too." Thanks April Ludgate.
  5. I will always try to avoid taking multiple trips from my car, even if it means dropping a bag or groceries or two on the way in.
  6. Talking to people is hard, but usually worth it.
  7. I'm always going to think the best of people, even though most of the time, they're going to fail me. It's nicer to think well of them, though, no matter what. 
  8. I'll never forget X random awkward thing I did in Middle school (or yesterday) and I'm always gonna cringe at myself for it. but that doesn't mean I'm not working on not letting my pride define me. 
  9. I'm always gonna dread Mondays, and feel sick on Sunday nights.
  10. Being alone on a Friday night is amazingly freeing.
  11. Being alone on a Saturday night is the bomb.com
  12. Begin alone on a Sunday night is  the worst thing since lima beans.
  13. Life is too short to read mediocre books. 
  14. Every vegetable is better doused in olive oil and roasted.
  15. Hearing screams of "THE LIBRARIAN IS HERE!" is the closest I'll be to being a rockstar.
  16. Design matters and so I'll always care about book covers.
  17. If I go without coffee, I will have a wicked headache, no matter how I try to deceive myself into thinking I'm not caffeine dependent.
  18. There's always gonna be someone who doesn't care to hear what I have to say.
  19. But for everyone of those ^ there's someone who does care.
  20. I'll never know whether I'm a feminist or not, cause the word "feminism" --like the word "dating"-- means different things to different people. yes, I'm your kind of feminist. but not yours... oh bother. just don't ask me. 
  21. All lives matter. end of story.
  22. I'll never be able to stay away from a library.
  23. Spending money on the artists/authors/musicians/causes you love will always be worth it.
  24. I'm never gonna understand grace this side of glory.

No comments