August 10th - O Frabjous Day

Let me take you back into the history of Sarah the Library Girl, and tell you a story.  If you click that link, you'll find the origins of my favorite day of the year. August 10th. Its not a special day for any reason other than its absolutely glorious ordinaryness. I have tried in the past three years to pause to observe the day, and without fail there has been an element of the magical mundane to it. 2014 - I started life in my little garrett room (and my neighbor brought me daisies.) 2015 - It rained. <3 Also, this was the year I decided to make my day a personal holiday, and so I named it. Frabjous Day, after the exclamation of joy from Lewis Carroll's Jabberwocky poem.
And that brings us to this year, 2016. After about two months of summer programming at the library I knew I would need a recharge day, so I scheduled it for my August 10th.  I had a little bit of a game plan, because there were some things I had been longing to do that my work schedule would not allow. But no good holiday is over planned, so I stuck loosely to my schedule.
The following is my day in pictures. Hover over them with your mouse for the captions.



Twas brillig, and the slithy toves / Did gyre and gimble in the wabe / all mimsy were the borogoves / and the mome raths outgrabe.

Life is only boring if you let it be so.


No comments